Monday, December 30, 2013

Busy Box Ideas

Ever heard of busy box? or busy basket? or perhaps busy bag?

Those are things that keep your kids and toddlers entertained for at least few minutes to hours, depending on the contents inside the boxes, baskets or bags. I had first thought of these things when I was searching what I should bring for a plane trip with my two babies. Then, came out the term " busy box"... 

This is our very first busy bag, we used it while we flew from KL to KK and through out our trip in Sabah


it's actually just a small bag
my pocket file that I re-used for this purpose
And what's inside it were things like pencil color, coloring book, flash cards, teether for Imani who was 9m that time, ABC cards, and some straws for them to play. 

It was quite useful especially while we were waiting for the departure and to distract them while in the hotel. 


At home, we have a big green container placed under Ilyaas' reading table in the living room. And I let the kids choose what every toys they like and keep in the container. These toys will keep my kids entertain for at least 30 minutes to one hour everyday after we pick them from babysitter's house. So, both husband and I can take our bath, cook for dinner (if I'm not lazy :P) and do other house chores. At the same time, we can still watch over the kids who were playing in the living room. 
it looks like this..apart than ours is in green

I am planning to create few more busy box ideas since we have lotsa empty boxes in the store room. 
Perhaps like these pictures...








Interesting kan? but but but but.....

umi has to be creative...
and gotta need a helper to make sure these crafts ideas are realizable..





sebab umi is not born creative....
LOL....


but I am a believer that I can develop those creative skills.....


Yakin boleh gitu!





ps: Ayah, would you lend me a hand to create these busy boxes for our IHs....?






4 comments:

  1. nak tumpang berkeluh kesah kat sini jap...
    dah alang2 u buat entry busy box kan...

    nampaknya, i kne buat big busy box yg boleh duk kat dlm mcm gambar kat atas tu..letak kat klinik...

    dedi mati2 xnak bg mami hntr anak ke taska..mcm2 dia ckp...adola...
    rasanya kne mulakan misi mencari babysitter, misi buat busy box. misi ubah kondisi klinik supaya anak boleh duduk kat klinik tnpa ganggu mami kerja...huuu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. halahaaiiii mummy Harz. aku rasa ko try beli playmat yg besar tu dulu buat sementara kalau ko xdan nak buat busy box ni!

      Delete
  2. Menarik! Thanks for sharing.. Waaa.. Nak buat busy box utk amer gak..

    ReplyDelete
  3. menarik idea busy box tu..boleh diy..

    ReplyDelete

Drop you thoughtful cherry here. Thank You =)
Sila datang lagi...